Monday, December 1, 2014

Just thinking out loud again....I am always so vexed in my spirit, when I hear such cruel words spoken to one another, or such unkind remarks spoken about someone, anyone, especially on social media. I know and I fully respect the right of everyone to say whatever they want to say on their Facebook page, and anywhere, as a US citizen. I realize that it is one of our rights...freedom of speech. I always wonder why someone, especially in the spotlight, whether they be a politician, a sports figure or announcer, a religious leader or anyone, why make a hurting, unkind comment, and then resign after they make it. I always, always am reminded about a scripture where Paul is speaking...and he basically says that, yes he is free to do anything, say anything, because of his freedom in Christ, but he says...I won't! He says that everything is lawful unto me, but I won't let it rule me! If it destroys peace, if it is going to crush and hurt someone, is it tears down, instead of builds up, why say it, why do it? I know that we have the freedom to speak, but why say something that does not make the other person feel better, or that edifies the other, or that empowers the other, or that helps make the other person, a better person, or that encourages someone, or that helps to make a situation better, or that simply blesses someone! We are living in a perilous time in America. People are hurting, being hurt, fearful, not trusting, losing faith, discouraged, depressed, wanting to give up. Why not be the one to have a kind word, a sweet smile, a gentle hug, a word to build someone up, and encourage them. Why not be the Jesus that they meet today? We have the ability to be world changers...even if it begins in our own home, in our church, in our neighborhood, in our city. EVERYONE was created in God's image and likeness. That means that we were created just like Him, and He Is LOVE!!! He is not hate. He is not critical. He is not ready to look for and shout of people's faults. He is not moved by color or social status. He is kind, and He is gentle, and He is loving, and He lifts up and He encourages, and He thoughtful, and He is a builder of men! As I stated, just thinking out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment