Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sweet Peace!

Hi! It's me, yeah it's been a while...been enjoying life! I have vacationed with family, as always I have loved being with my husband and our sons, I have just been chillin'!

Ever been in a place where every thing is "just right"? I am at that place. It is a good place. It is a place where every thing is calm. I am not saying that my life is filled with drama, it absolutely is not, thank God...but I am at a place where peace abides...where birds are singing...the shrubbery outside is pretty and green, lush and still, and there is a quiet, stillness all around me. No I don't believe that it is the "calm before the storm"! I don't believe that I should be looking for and expecting storms in my life! I have learned to expect these quiet, peaceful times...the older I get, the more I expect times like these. I love peace. Please don't get me wrong, I am concerned about the world that I live in...family and friends. I am concerned about folks hurting, stressed, sad, depressed. I have just learned to relax, be still, get quiet, soak in the moment. it is awesome. Not running around, rushing everywhere. I believe that God has given us the power to choose...am I going to be stressed, worried, or fearful, or am I going to really believe and trust Him, and experience moments like these?

I am actually cooking, house smelling and filled with the aroma of red beans simmering on the stove, it even looks like the beans are at peace, just the right simmer! They are even calm.

I just noticed that it is getting cloudy and dark outside...looks like the sky is about to open...rain is on the way! It is about to be even calmer. I like the rain too. I am beginning to hear the gentle rumbling of thunder...even it is not boisterous as thunder can be, even it is a quiet thunder. Funny isn't it, everything at peace.

God wants us to live life at a calm. He wants us to relax, experience His presence and His embrace. He wants us to know that every thing is alright! The enemy tries his best to convince us that everything is wrong. He wants us to be in a constant state of turmoil...the more stress, and drama...he happier he is!
God on the other hand, wants us to be still. He wants to really lead us to still waters, to enable us to lie down in green pastures, even if those pastures are in your home, in your favorite spot in your home, even in a nice warm bath, with lots of bubbles and soft candlelight, even at your stove, stirring a pot of beans...wherever He is, and wherever you are with Him!

Yes, I can sit looking out my window in our family room, I can close my eyes and instead of Calgon taking me away, I am taken away by Him, to a quiet place, a refreshing place, an intimate place of fellowship with Him, loving my Daddy's embrace. no one can hold me like my Father can...I am getting teary-eyed as I write this.

Well, the timer is ringing on the stove...gotta go check on the beans. Just wanted to share a little peace with you!

I love you guys!

~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment