Monday, April 23, 2012

I 'm Baaaack!

Hello everyone, I'm back! I realize that it has been a while since I've posted, but I was away for two glorious weeks of much needed rest, and relaxation! No, I am not employed outside of the home, no I do not punch a time clock everyday, but trust me, everyone needs a rest from something, sometime! Please don't get it twisted, just because someone does not work outside of the home, on a 8 hour a day job, don't think that they are just sitting around the house, in front of the television, watching soap operas, and eating Bon-Bons! It is certainly not like that! Many times because we are at home, others conveniently find things for us to do. We need a vacation sometime!

Anyway, I certainly did enjoy my vacation. God is so awesome, as I have said many times before, and probably will say many times more! It's just the truth. Our God is awesome. If you will let Him, He really will show you how to lie down in "green pastures", and rest, even if those "green pastures" are only an hour away!
God cares about us, He really does. He wants us to rest, to lay besides "still" waters, and because of the wonderful rest that He gives, He restores our soul.

It was so good to just get-away, not to have to ask for a "wake-up" call every morning, just sleep until noon if we wanted to. We really need to stop, rest, relax, and sometimes just get away. We really surprised ourselves this time. Normally we take our vacation during the month of August, as we have done for the last several years, until last year, when the event that we usually attend as our vacation, was moved from August to July.
As we have done in previous years, we set up the vacation for this July, to attend the event that we usually attend. It just suddenly hit us, why do we have to wait until July, to go somewhere and rest? We are tired now, we need rest now, why would we wait until July?

How many times in life, have we put off things until a certain time? I have a china cabinet full of beautiful china, that I have used maybe three times, in 33 years! Just waiting for that special occasion. Crazy isn't it? You can say yes, but you are probably guilty of this also. It may not be china, but it may be a much needed vacation, it may be purchasing a home, an automobile, a handbag, special perfume, just waiting until the "right" time. Oh c'mon, you've done it too! You know that you want that special "Queen for a Day" Spa treatment, that special bottle of perfume, that special dress, but you continue to put it off. I say spa treatment, a dress, perfume, because I know as women, we know how to put things off! We concentrate on getting every thing that our husband and the children need, that our parents need, so often putting off what we really want. So my husband and I looked at each other, and decide that we were not going to wait, vacation here we come! We promptly made reservations, packed, and off we went! Best two weeks, ever! Great rest, wonderful restaurants, peace, quiet, shopping galore!

So, now you know why I have been away! I encourage you, if you are in need of rest, don't keep putting it off! Ladies, treat yourself. Go get that mani/pedi, that much needed massage! I can remember picking my husband up from work on a Friday, suitcase packed, and off to Kemah for the weekend! Surprised him, and had great times. Those "surprise" get-aways are always so much fun!

Anyway, stop putting things off, enjoy each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment