Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Friday All...

Well hello everyone...I hope that everyone is having a good Friday. I sure am! I know that it has been a while since I have posted, so I decided to say hello today. I have really been enjoying myself, and quite happy about things around the house that are getting done, finally! Guess what, I have spent the week taking down Christmas tress! Yeah Christmas trees. You think I don't know it's June. Now that you have finished laughing and talking about me, I don't just put up one tree, and I don't just put up a wreath on the front door, I really decorate a tree and I really decorate our house. Sometimes as my sons says, "mama, I can't see the green tree, so many ornaments are on it"! As I have admitted before, I love to decorate at Christmas. Yes I know that it is June, but I am finally getting them down, and I am happy with myself. I am so quick to add that it was only by God's power and strength, that I am able to do so. Putting the trees up is always the fun part, but taking all of them down, is something else. I have to be in the right frame of mind for such a sometimes monumental undertaking.

I have always believed that God will use any situation to teach us a lesson (no I don't mean like making you sick, causing you to have financial problems, killing your child...things that people so often blame God for,) I mean He many times uses the day to day activities of life to show us something, and that is exactly what he is doing with the tree situation!

I absolutely, positively know that God loves me, and cares about me, and cares about the things that I care about or am concerned with. While taking a break from taking the trees down, God spoke to me and reminded me that He cares about me taking down Christmas trees, because He knew that I really was determined to take them down. For the last few weeks, I have been looking at them, and I wanted them down, but when I decided to start, I removed maybe 5 or 10 ornaments, got tired and turned and walked away. Yuk! Finally, this week arrived and I decided that I would begin again. I set a goal and I was determined to reach it. I always know that God is with me...but this time it was like I got a shot of power, and before I went to bed last night, I'd  taken down two trees, boxed them both and put them away. I went to bed feeling pretty good last night, feeling that I had really accomplished my first goal.

Today, I decided to press on, but before I got started, God talked to me and reminded me once again, that He cares about what concerns me...He cares about me taking down trees, He cares about me wanting a particular outfit, He cares about me having good service and good food at a restaurant that I eat at...He cares about what I care about. God is so amazing. He told me while talking to me today that so many people "save Him" for the big things in life. They save Him for the family problems, marriage problems, sickness and disease problems, problems with finances or a job. He said, "I care about everything! I care about the little things that you care about from day to day. I care about you getting a good parking spot. I care about you getting a good sale, cooking a good meal, your child wanting to go back to school, getting that right shade of lipstick. I care about that, because you care about that! God is so good!
I must say, "we are having fun talking and taking down trees", and we are getting it done. Being able to do it at mt own pace, not on schedule, being able to walk away from it, and coming back to it, helps a lot too.

I just wanted to share some of my day with you and encourage you at the same time. I want you to know that God really, really does care about you. He even told us to cast or give our cares to Him, BECAUSE He cares for us. That sounds like someone who really wants to get into our day, our activities. Someone who can do something about a situation for you. It doesn't sound like someone who doesn't want to be bothered with you, who couldn't care less about you, who does not care if your bills are not paid, who does not care if you have a pain. He cares about everything. There is noting that I cannot talk to my Father about! I can't think of anything! He absolutely cares about what you care about. He is teaching me about Photography. I want to know, and He is teaching me. He is teaching me about Graphic Design. I like that, and He is teaching me. We talk about everything, and I do mean everything. He's my Daddy!

Have a good day and a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment