Saturday, June 23, 2012

Peace and Quiet....Priceless!

Good Saturday morning to you! It has been a while since I have been here, but I could not let this moment pass today, without posting this morning. It is a beautiful, sunny, peaceful, still, calm, Saturday morning, and I am absolutely enjoying it! No one besides me is moving at my house. The birds are still asleep...all I hear is the tick-tock, tick-tock of the clock in the room. I seems like the trees, birds, insects...are still asleep. I am sitting and looking out of the window of my family room, and the trees are still, the shrubbery is still, nothing moving but one brightly colored , green lizard. He seems to be glad that the has the whole outside to himself!

There are many things that I enjoy in life, but there is nothing that I cherish more and enjoy more than peace and quiet. I love these special moments, moments when I know that it is just me and my Father, no one else! Moments when I know that He is sitting right there besides me...I have Him all to myself, I have all of His attention, yet in reality, I know that someone else on the other side of the world, is sitting and perhaps saying the very same thing, and feeling exactly as I am right now, that it is just the two of them! He has this way of making you feel like there is no one else in the world, that no one else matters at the moment but me, but the two of us, and no one can get in the way of us! I love these moments...sitting and just meditating on how great He is. Just sitting, not rushed, not worried, not afraid, just still, peaceful, quiet, lost in His embrace, talking back and forth, not having to say everything grammatically correct, not having to be formal, and not having to feel that I am not worthy to be enjoying being with Him. I can really sit and enjoy my Father.

I love Him, but He loves me so much more! I am just sitting here thinking about how free that I am. How blessed that I am to have the assurance that I am loved, and always will be, the assurance that there is nothing that I can do to cause Him to ever stop loving me. That's so freeing to me...to know that someone will always love me, even if I mess up, say or do something so stupid, if I don't pray today, if I don't pick up my Bible today, if I get mad at someone, if I just don't feel like doing anything today...I am still loved! I will always be loved because it is not about what I do, how I perform. I don't have to perform, keep a list of rules, a do and don't list, to be accepted by Him. I don't have to perform to get God's blessings, to get His love, His favor or His grace, I am so accepted by Him.

I was just sitting here and thinking about all that God has done for me. How He created us because he wanted a family that He could shower with His love and abundant blessings, someone just like Him! The angels weren't enough, He wanted a family just like Himself, so He created you and me. I am just thinking about the length that he went to, to keep us, to keep our relationship even after Adam messed up and plunged us into sin, God still didn't let us go, He still wanted His family back! Every now and then, I have to stop and remember all that He did to get us back. Sometimes life will cause you to forget the real, the truth of life. What we see here on this earth with our natural eyes, will sometimes try to convince us that this is  reality, but really it isn't. The truth that I am eternally loved, forgiven, kept, protected, healed, prosperous, righteous, that I can never have God mad at me, that He will never reject me...that's real, that's reality!

Anyway, I am just  enjoying this quiet calm, and rejoicing, and so at peace! I hear a little stirring in the house now. Seems like nature is also awake now...I hear some birds!

I am going and continue to enjoy this wonderful day that God has given me. What will you do with your day? I hope that you will enjoy it!

Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment