Friday, February 8, 2013

The Kingdom of God vs. the Kingdom of Darkness!

Wow, as you can see, it's been a while since I have posted anything. I have been quite busy helping a friend who is preparing for an upcoming wedding next weekend. I had to take a few minutes today to write. Today, as at every time that I have my quiet time with God, I had a lot of things on my mind. Nothing bad or major, just things. I am so happy that I have a Father that I can share anything with. Whether it is how to accurately season a dish, how to repair something, or what His thoughts are about a TV show, I can always talk to Him. I have heard it said that God is not interested in the daily affairs of ones life, just the big, and important things like terrorism, the economy, hunger in the world...stuff like that. Well, I beg to differ! My Father and I talk about everything, and we laugh about things as well. He really does have a sense of humor!

I am almost ashamed to admit that I have let myself get caught up in a television show...Scandal! I am not a big television watcher, I would rather spend my time curled up with a book. I remember stumbling upon the very first episode of this show, while in a hotel on vacation, and I have followed it ever since. I must say that it is a series that will grab your attention. It is a good show, filled with things that are not so good! (I had to ask myself why do I call it a good show, when everything in it is bad!) As I sat there watching it each week, I am at the point where I really don't want to watch it anymore. I on purpose didn't watch it on last night. The entire time that it was on, I could hear my husband and son in their rooms, commenting on the show. It is becoming a bit troubling to me. I do know that it is a secular show, and I do know that it is set in the heart of government and politics. As I sat previously and watched this show, I saw how the world system operates. Taking someone's life in order to see one's personal agenda carried out, is no big deal. The person was in the way, so of course they must be taken out of the way...killing them is of course the answer, right? Lying to cover up something is as easy as breathing. Manipulation, a lack of integrity and honor, deceit, immorality, using power to carry out one's plan, whether right or wrong...who cares! No one else matters, as long as one's personal agenda is carried out! What I want, is what I want...what it is, is what it is! If I have to lie, cheat, steal, kill, manipulate, deceive, sleep with everybody, walk on someone, defame their character, whatever. I will do what I have to do! This is the world system!

God always uses the simple things to teach me. While I sat and watched the show get more and more wicked, God spoke and said that this is an exact picture of the World System...a system without Me! A system void of love. A system that leaves God out of it! A system that cares little for the next person. A system that lacks character, and morals, and integrity, and honor. A system where  a powerful person capitalizes on the smaller person. A system who does not value life, and taking a life does not matter. A system where one's flesh controls their actions! God said to me to really watch and see how satan operates his kingdom...a kingdom of darkness! When I was an early Bible student, I once believed that a kindgom of  darkness was witches and warlocks, blackness, and anything that was ugly and eerie. As I continue to study, I am realizing that satan's kingdom is dark, because it is void of God, of light, and full of him, satan himself! It is full of people who are lost, who are being controlled by satan, many who don't even have a clue! So sad!

When I did watch Scandal, I see more and more that we as Christians, must make our mark in this world. Sure satan is the god of this world, but we are here to take over! We are here to bring the light of God to a dark world. We are here to bring God's presence to our workplaces...not by preaching a sermon, but by being the employee who is always on time, who gives a full day's work, who has integrity, not situation ethics...by being the consumer who gives back extra change that you know that you are not supposed to have...being the one who loves the person who is always rejected by society because of their status in life. We are here to impact change, to transform this world system, to invade enemy territory, to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth! Sure, I know that many are saying that there are some Christians who make mistakes. Of course thee are. I am not saying that Christians do not err, make a mistake or get off of the path. Making a mistake is one thing, but living a lifestyle is something else.

Scandal is a television show, but it is very real!  I have become uncomfortable watching it, and just getting up and going to bed. We have to bring change to a dying, lost world!

These are just my thoughts today...Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment