Monday, October 7, 2013

Heaven on Earth: You Can Have Your Own Garden of Eden Now!

Well, it's been a while since I posted last. Just decided to post today, as I am really enjoying this simply beautiful day that God has blessed us with. The fall temperatures are slowly coming in, and the cool breezes are starting to blow, and I am so overjoyed! I have spent most of today outside, pampering my plants, and enjoying breakfast on the patio, followed by bible study and conversation with my Heavenly Father. It is so peaceful outdoors. I am sitting here watching two squirrels having fun together, running along the top of our wood fence. Two blue birds are flying from one place to the other, and enjoying themselves also, as well as a red bird that seems to know that I am trying to capture him on film, because each time that I gently try to press the camera button, he quickly flies away! Yes it is a he, because a lady bird would have posed for the picture. Butterflies and hummingbirds are fluttering and flying everywhere. The pots of plants that I have been potting for the last two or three months, seem to be at home now! I remember saying when we moved here, that I wanted my backyard to be a sanctuary and a garden of Eden...it is that! When I looked up the word Eden, this is what I found: E"den (?)n. [Heb. Δ“den delight, pleasure; also, a place of pleasure, Eden.] The garden where Adam and Eve first dwelt; hence, a delightful region or residence. When I sit out there and see the many birds, the beautiful green foliage and trees, the many colored flowers, I see life, I see hope, I see God... and it gives me pleasure. God has so many ways of showing us His presence, and teaching us lessons. I know that it does not take long when watching television, or listening to people's conversations...that it is a turbulent time. Many things are happening all around us. Reports of crimes in many places, unemployment everywhere, everyday reports of people being diagnosed with one disease or another, depression, natural disasters, debt and poverty...things that can destroy your peace, steal your hope, and things that can cause us to decide to just check out of here. God is showing me that His Word is absolutely true, that in the midst of the world's chaos, His children can enjoy total peace! With trouble all around, we can have our personal Garden of Eden, right there in the midst of it! It is not that I am not concerned about what others are experiencing, but God did promise us that as believers that dwell in His "secret place", we would not have evil come upon us, any plague come nigh our dwelling. We live in His shelter. Psalm 91 says that what plagues the world, would not plague us who dwell in the secret place of the Most High God! He is our shelter, our protection, our refuge. We have to choose to believe His Word, then we have to choose to live that Word out in our daily life! We have to choose to believe in and be at peace. We have to choose not to let the world's problems be ours...concerned, but not overwhelmed, praying and trusting...but not worrying and stressing! Anyway, I am enjoying my Garden of Eden, and I am encouraging you to desire your special garden of Eden too! God is no respecter of persons. His promises are for you too. Isaiah 51:3 For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.You have to decide that you will partake of them. We really can have Heaven on earth now. We don't have to be miserable and unhappy and struggle here until we get to heaven. We can absolutely enjoy the blessings of God right now...the choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment