Saturday, July 22, 2017

Blessed!

Blessed. So tremendously blessed! The only way that I can describe my life right now. It is Saturday night, and it is a little rainy outside, and it has been like this off and on today. I have enjoyed this day, doing what I like. Had a great outing with one of our sons, at one of my favorite restaurants. I enjoyed opening another of my two Young Living Essential Oils orders that came in today. Opening an oil order is always a big deal at my house. These oils are such wonderful treasure. No matter what day that box arrives, it's Christmas!, and I love Christmas! I have safely put away today's treasures and am now just sitting and smiling, and fighting back tears, and fighting back tears and smiling. Sounds crazy, doesn't it.

As I said earlier, it is raining off and on. I have the air conditioner set on 66 degrees and I have been in bed, under my comfy and fluffy comforter, watching Hallmark Christmas movies. As I said, I love Christmas. Christmas through the years, even from my childhood, has always been major in our family. These movies are reminding me of childhood Christmases. The German Apple Cake and the Sand Tarts cookies that my grandmother always had. The eggnog that my mother always made. The almond cookies and the ribbon candy that my aunt and uncle always had at their house, scents of nutmeg and cinnamon, filled the house. The larger than life Christmas tree that graced my grandparents home. The silver aluminum tree, with the color wheel, in my mom's home, the big tree with the big shiny, red balls on my aunt and uncle's tree, hold special places in my heart. These are memories that never go away, and I hope that they never will. When my husband and I married, which was two days before Christmas, Christmas became even more special for me. And then, when we had our sons, then it became so special, because were going to make new Christmas memories, which we did. Through the years to follow, Christmas was a time of great celebration. I loved to decorate. For many years, I decorated at least 15 trees in our home, not little trees, trees that were 6 and a half feet and seven feet and my favorite nine foot tree. Everything was so festive! My husband and our sons absolutely loved it. I loved it, and I loved decorating each one and perfectly placing each and every ornament.

I am smiling because, I am enjoying all of these sweet memories, I am fighting back the tears, because my husband is not here to enjoy the movies, the movies that we waited excitedly to see, in July! It is actually bittersweet. This man of mine, played Christmas music all year round. Not only at our home, but his coworkers heard it year around too, at his workplace! I can imagine that we would be snuggled up right this minute, watching movies, diffusing Christmas Spirit and he would be so happy, I would be too, because I would be snuggled up besides him. I miss him. I miss him so much. I am watching movies. I have it chilled in here. I was under the covers and in my warm bed, until I got out to come to my computer to blog. I can diffuse Christmas Spirit Essential Oil, anytime that I want to, and I am thinking about him so much. I am smiling, I have our two wonderful sons, and I am happy. I am blessed. So blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment