Monday, August 13, 2012

One Decree from a King, Can Change Everything!

God is so Amazing! He so loves His people. He loved us enough to write a book that leads us, that guides us, that tells us exactly Who God is...His character...His will...His plans and His desires for mankind. He did not want us to try to figure out what he is about, He did not leave us to depend upon what someone thinks that He is or Who He is, He actually wrote a personal letter to us, revealing Him! I love the Word of God. In it is everything that any of us needs. His Word really is a lamp, a light!

I have learned that the more of His Word that you get, I mean really get, the more of it that I desire, the more He will give me. If you seek understanding it, and you really seek to know more of it, it is so amazing how God will just flood you with truth and understanding. Glory!

Today, I was studying some more about God's Kingdom, and I was particularly studying about how a King rules. There are Scriptures that I have read many times, thinking that I really understood them. I am not saying that I didn't, but I see that God has so much more to say, in some instances, to me about those scriptures. I remember reading the account about Esther, about Daniel and the Hebrew boys, about how they found themselves in trouble because of a King's decree. John the Baptist was beheaded because the King decreed that he would give a dancer whatever she wanted. When she asked for the head of John the Baptist, the king was saddened, but he had to follow through. I knew that when a King made a decree, once he made it, he could not go back and change it! Once he made a decree, it became law, and even if someone in his kingdom may have violated the decree, but the king liked that person, or that person was a friend, the king was still obligated to carry out that decree, even if he wanted to make an exception, like in Daniel's case. What I am saying is that once a decree is made, it is permanent, forever, can't be changed!
A king has power in his mouth!

So, I have been studying the Kingdom of God... God is the King...and He has a Kingdom! He rules! But today in my study, it seems like lights just came on, and bells rang, and sirens went off, and it was a "WOW" moment! Ever had one of those "oh wow" moments...you have studied a particular passage of scripture for several days, a month, a year maybe, and suddenly, pow, it hits you..."I see it, I see it, and it eels like something in the pit of your stomach, I get it!" Today was definitely one of those days! (For those of you who already knew it, y-e-a!, now I got it.)

People decree things to us everyday, that many times they can't follow through on. Politicians get up and decree that they will get more jobs, make our cities better, no more taxes, spouses decree that they will love the other spouse forever and will always by the other's side, companies decree that you are a valuable employee and they will always be there for its workers, but many times, these decrees just don't happen... many times these same decrees are changed, politicians don't do what they said they would, spouses fall out of love and walk away, employees are suddenly not as valuable as they once were. But what I realized today is, God has made some awesome decrees to us, but He is not going to change what He decreed, and He is carrying out what He decreed!

Here are some of God's decrees to us:

Exodus 15:26-"I will put none of the diseases upon you that were on the Egyptians, I Am the Lord that heals thee"-Healing is a decree...it cannot be changed.

Exo. 33:14-"My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest"

Deut. 28:1-14-"If you give heed to God and His Word, blessings will overtaken you. Blessed going out and coming in, blessings in your body...children, blessings in your finances, He commands in the blessings in your storehouses...accounts, 

Psa. 91- No evil thing will happen to you and your home, no deadly disease will come upon you, God makes His angels to protect you, crazy things may happen all around you, but not to you, His Word will shield you.

Prov. 1:23-"I will pour out my Spirit unto you, I will make you to know My Words.

Eccl.8:4-"Where the word of a king is, there is power.

Isa. 41:10-"Fear not for I am with thee, don't be dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isa. 54:17- Nothing that the enemy are anyone who tries or plots evil against you, will succeed.

John 15:7-"If you abide in Me, and My Words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you.

1John 4:17- as He is, so are we in the world.

There are so many more decrees that God has made, these are only a few! But once a king makes a decree, he must keep it, he cannot change it! Wow, this is awesome. Even when God decrees something to you personally in your private prayer time, whether He decrees something to you in a public worship, He cannot change it. He swore that He would keep His Word!

I don't know about you, but this is awesome to me. Wow, I can get up every day smiling and already knowing that good things are going to happen to me. I know that my body is whole, that I can leave my house, go to the mall, to a movie theater and enjoy a movie, without fear, I don't have to worry about anything, because I have everything because of the decrees that God has made over my life, my home, my children, my marriage, my finances, everything. That sounds like total freedom to me!





No comments:

Post a Comment