Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Who Are You?

Just sitting down a few minutes ago, enjoying the presence of God and His Word, and just thinking about how awesome God is and how awesome His Word is. The Bible is God's personal Love letter to me. I look into it, and I see who I am. It is so good to know who I am, for myself. I am not who others may say that I am, or who they may think that I am. I can look into God's Word, as if it is a mirror, and I see me! I have found out by listening to others, that if you don't know who you are, others will tell you who they think you are...and what they say, may not necessarily be the truth!

Today, I have been just thinking about some things that God has said about me. I have been meditating with delight, on truths about me. I can help but smile each and every day...I am Somebody...I got it going on! No, I don't have an hourglass figure, not a "10" as the world would say, not a celebrity in the news, but I am somebody!

Just thinking about how much that God loves me. He absolutely wants to be with me, have a relationship with me, daily talk with me, He cares about me, about what I am concerned about, He likes laughing and talking with me, and I sure love being with Him too. He reminds me that I am loved. He reminds me that He wanted a family, someone just like Him, who He could love and laugh with, who He could shower with His love and blessings, that's why we're here! He had the angels, but they were not like Him, He wanted someone just like Him, so He made us! He had Jesus, but He wanted more sons/daughters.

Ever noticed in the Gospels that Jesus is referred to as the Only Begotten Son of God, but in the Epistles, Jesus is called the firstborn Son of God...the firstborn of many brothers? If He is the firstborn, this must indicate that there are others. Yes there are others, and we are the others!

He is my Father. He takes care of me. He made Himself responsible for me. I am an Heir of God! Wow, this is an amazing truth about me....I am an Heir of God, and a joint-heir with Jesus. That does not mean that Jesus gets 50% and I get 50%, it means that Jesus gets 100% and I do too! Glory! Sometimes I just have to sit down during the course of the day, and meditate upon these truths. I am an Heir of God. He loves me and always will. He is not now, and never will be mad at me, punish me, leave me, forsake me, let go of me! I don't know about you, but that is awesome to me. Man, what reason do I have to be down, depressed, fearful, doubtful about God. He loves me. Why would I worry about not having something...I have everything!

I enjoy being with God. I don't have to worry if He will accept me...He does! I am righteous. He made me righteous. I don't have to beg for blessings. I don't have to try to convince Him that I need Him to do something for me. He wants to do it more than I want it.

I just love Him! Just thinking out loud! So very blessed. So grateful, so glad that I KNOW WHO I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment