Monday, August 6, 2012

Fighting or Resisting?

A Happy and a good Monday to all! I do hope that you had a great weekend, and that you are enjoying a good Monday. As you can see, I am up blogging early today (it was a little after 9 am when I started this) I have enjoyed one of those early morning quite times with God, that I love so much...the time before the phone starts to ring, before the television comes on, before one of my sons asks me where something is...the time when all is at rest. The Keurig is silent, the microwave is too...just peace and quiet!

I always so enjoy the ways that God teaches me about something. I still laugh and refer back to the teaching on His "Blowpop" revelation. (I blogged about this in a November 2011 post...check the archives). He is always using some unique illustration to get His point across, and today was no different.

I often ask God what is the one thing that He is concerned about today? Most of the time, about 90% of the time, He tells me that He is concerned that many in the body of Christ, have no idea who they are. Of course we talk about other things, but most of the time, it is about many in the body not really knowing who they are in Christ, not knowing what they are capable of, and seeing themselves as God does! More and more I read about people dying, about people being stressed and depressed, fearful, and hopeless...people who say that they love God and are His child, but who are sad, tired, depressed, giving up!

God said to me this morning that so many of His people are exerting too much energy in all the wrong things. He said that they are crying, begging, and working, fighting...not living and enjoying life. He said that too many are working hard to get stuff, they are crying out of frustration of trying to please Me and earn my blessings, they are not enjoying a relationship and fellowship with Me, instead they are begging Me for things as if I don't want them to have them, and they spend so much time trying to convince Me of their problems, and why they need things. They spend time talking about and fighting someone who has no power, and who has already been defeated (satan)!

This morning He showed me a big boxing match. It was in a Las Vegas or a Madison Square Garden setting. I don't know which one, I only know that it was a large venue and packed with people. He showed one of the boxers just knock the other boxer completely out...there was NO fighting, the boxer hit him one time and he was laying there still, not moving, utterly knocked out! The referee/official whatever he is, ( I am not a boxing fan) declared the match over and the winner was declared! As all of this is played out in my mind, the trainers for the boxer who was knocked out, are steadily trying to revive the boxer on the floor. The boxer who was knocked out, comes to, and he gets up and wants to fight the winning boxer again. The ref tells him that the match is over, you lost! There will be no more fighting! God then speaks to me and says, "Why would the winner put on his boxing gloves again, to fight all over? All he has to do is turn and walk away. He has already won, he does not need to fight again". God said that too many Christians are trying to fight a defeated foe! He said that Jesus has already defeated satan, but folks are trying to get in a ring and fight with him...he already lost! God said, "I did not say to fight the devil, I said to resist him.!" He said that there is a difference in fighting and resisting! Folks are using too much energy fighting! "You resist him by standing on the truth of My Word, that Jesus has already defeated him, that YOU are his master (satan)." We master him because God has given us power over him, we stand in the truth that in Christ we can't be touched by satan, we stand in the knowledge that the fight is over, that Jesus won it, utterly knocked him out, and we get the victory! Now for many, this will probably sound too juvenile, but it is what God showed me nevertheless. He said..."know who you are according to who I said you are...know what you can do according to what I said you can do, know what is yours and what you are entitled to according to what I said, not what people say".

Anyway, I received more understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment