Thursday, January 5, 2012

Don't Worry!

Good morning all, I am having a good day, and I hope that you will too! Yes it is just 6:11 am, but I have already decided that I am going to have a good day. That's my choice! Since I was blessed to still be here to live today, I might as well enjoy it. I sure didn't get up this morning and plan to have a bad day.

I read my devotional today and it talked about being bombarded with the cares of this world, in other words-WORRY! This is a word that we hear too often in the world in which we live. Everyday, we hear about people who are worried about something...marriages, children, finances, health, bills, relationships, the list goes on and on. More and more we read about young men and women dying from strokes and heart attacks, many times because they live stressed lifestyles, often caused by worry. I am not in any way, downplaying the fact that persons believe that the issues that they are dealing with, are serious, real, and to them, merit their worry.

I have lived long enough to know that many of the things that folks worry about, never happen! The enemy is a master at causing folks to stress and worry. satan really doesn't care how he kills a person, using worry and stress to cause a heart attack, stroke or cancer, is alright with him. I am certainly not saying that every heart attack or stroke is due to worry, but many of them are. Jesus already told us that satan is the one who came to steal, kill, and destroy! He wants to steal your peace, your joy, and your life, if you let him. He really can't do any of this unless you help him to destroy you! Wow, you have to help the enemy destroy you. You help him when you worry and stress about a thing, a person, co-worker or boss, a bill, and doctor's report...whatever it is. When we worry about something, we are playing into the enemy's hands, and really helping him to destroy you.

Stress and worry doesn't always have to be about finances or a health issue. I know that women have a tendency to let anything worry them...ok not every woman. I will use myself as an example. I love Christmas. Everybody who knows me, knows that Christmas is absolutely my favorite time of the year. I love decorating, putting up my many trees, entertaining, sending out Christmas cards, and baking and preparing all of my favorite Christmas treats. Usually on the first of November, everything starts at my house. The tress start going up, cards addressed, and so on. I don't have just one tree, I am talking about a tree in every room, not small trees, usually 6 feet and above! Throws, Christmas pillows, rugs, everything coordinated! This is my passion, as you can probably tell. Usually around June, I start shopping for new ornaments. I have my legal pad on which I have listed the theme, and the color scheme for every room for each new year. This can be a stressful time, if I let it. I know what accent pieces that I want for each theme, and sometimes it is hard to find exactly what I want each year. Guess what, this year, I only decorated one tree, didn't have one pillow, rug, throw out. Didn't bake one cookie, didn't address one card, and guess what, I was alright with that! I did not worry one minute, had a wonderful, peaceful, joyful Christmas this year, and I wasn't tired from having to do all of the decorating that I usually do! I did not think that I could have a home at Christmas that did not have at least 15 Christmas trees, but I did, and I made it! I didn't do what I normally do, and I didn't worry!

God said that worry is not from Him. Why do it? As I get older, I really am not concerned as much any more. I am not saying that I don't care about thing, I don't worry about them. Most of the stuff doesn't happen anyway, and most of it is too big for me to carry on my shoulders. I really let God have it. I can really say, that I sleep good every night! Sleep before my head hits the pillow! That's a great feeling.

All that I am saying is, "Don't worry"! Really when you worry, you are really saying or feeling that the issue that you are worrying about, you can handle it better than God can. You are really saying that you don't think that God is handling it as it should be handled, that He is too slow, that He just may not do for you this time, He doesn't know about the deadline or due date. You wouldn't dare say that to Him, but c'mon, you have thought it. I know that you have, because I have too, at least one time in my life, but nobody can handle stuff like Him! Give Him a try. See what He will do. Take that issue and just tell God that you are tired of it. Tired of worrying about it. Tired of losing sleep over it...watch Him handle it! Trust God! Love you. Enjoy your day!

Gayle, God's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment