Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hello...It's Been a while!

Hello Bloggers, it seems like it has been a long while since I have last blogged. I have been quite busy, lots of things to do. I have missed you guys! I'm Baaaack! I'm so silly.

Well did everybody have a good day today? For many of people it was a day of celebration, for others it was just a day off, a day of needed rest. No matter how you chose to live it, I do hope that it was a good day for you!

This day has become a special day for many of people throughout  the U.S., a day to celebrate the Legacy of a great man, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.. I thank God for Dr. King and for all that he stands for. I am so happy for all that he achieved in his lifetime. He was an example to many, an inspiration to many, and he was someone who knew his purpose, had a dream, and pursued what he believed.

I watch with interest, year after year, all of the many celebrations, parades, breakfasts, luncheons, the recitation of the "I Have a Dream" speech and other activities that are held each year, and each time I always wonder, what would Dr. King think about all of this. This is just me, just a thought. When I see all of the excitement, I wonder if folks have realized that we are all here because God has us here, and that just like Dr. King, we have a work to do, a purpose, and should also have a dream!

Please know that I am not by any means knocking anything done in Dr. King's honor. He achieved great things. He worked hard, sacrificed much, had a big impact on this nation, and sacrificed his life. I am so glad that a day has been set aside in his honor. That's a good thing. The world is a better place because of him.

As I observe year after year, I wonder how many people have realized that God has created and put us here on earth for a purpose...a purpose that is uniquely ours! How many people can say like Dr. King that they have a dream, a purpose. I believe that Dr. King dreamed, so that we can dream also and have the ability to pursue that dream. I believe that he would want people not to live his dream, but have their own dream, pursue it, and realize that God has given us a purpose to fulfill, not Dr. King's purpose, but the purpose that God has given to everyone. God says , "I know the plans that I have for you" (Jeremiah 29:11). God has a plan for each individual on this earth! He has given to each of us, the ability, the gifts, the greatness inside of us to do great things, to make an impact on humanity, just like Dr. King did. We don't have to try to do what he did, do you! Do what God has for you to do!

No, every one is not called to lead thousands of people in a march. We have not all been called to deliver a speech before thousands, to sit face to face with world leaders, to preach to thousands. Some have been called to be the best mother that you can be, the best husband or wife. The best teacher, coach, doctor, lawyer, one who encourages, a mercy giver, restaurant owner, cook etc. Each of us was uniquely created with purpose, gifted to do something that no one else can do exactly like you!

Sure, I am happy for Dr. King's accomplishments, his achievements, his legacy. What will your legacy be? What contribution will you make to mankind? What is your purpose? Why are you here at such a time as this? What is your dream? Dr. King knew his purpose, and he did it!

What about you? Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment