Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just say it!

I witnessed something pretty unique last night, at least it was unique to me, and I really thought that it was a good idea.

How many times have you attended a funeral, listened to all of the wonderful comments made about the deceased person, only to walk away saying that it really would have been nice, if the deceased person could have heard what others said about them. I said this many times. "Wow, I bet that deceased person never knew that he or she impacted someone's life the way that they did".

On last night, I sat and watched a Hallmark Channel movie entitled, "The Last Dance", and it was a very good movie. Maureen O'Hara was the main character, and she was sick with a heart disease. Anyway, in the event that you have not seen this movie yet, I won't go into detail about it. She was a person who liked to put things in order, take care of business. She even went so far as to plan her funeral, so whenever that time came along, no one would have to guess what she wanted. She chose a particular person to deliver the Eulogy, a former student. The person that she chose, of course was a bit nervous about it, because he did not want to even think of her dying, and he was not a minister, and commented that he knew nothing about delivering a Eulogy.

The person who was asked to deliver the eulogy, did something that was quite strange, he surprised Maureen O' Hara, by calling together those former students who were impacted by her, and it was at that time that he delivered the eulogy, while she was still alive to hear it! I thought that that was neat.

I, of course started thinking about how we need to do this more, to the people who are special to us, who have impacted our life, who have encouraged us, who we really love. Too often we just go from day to day, living life, thankful for those who are kind to us, who do nice things to us, who say kind things, but we never really tell them how they help us, how they have impacted our life. I want to tell people, while they are alive and able to hear it, all of the kind things that I would say about them at their funeral. I want to tell them how their smile, their hug, their kind words helped me. (Wow, my phone just rang, even as I am sitting and blogging this right now, a friend on Facebook, just called to tell me how much my words, encouragement, my posts, have really ministered to her! She said that I prophesied to her, gave her a word that God later confirmed, and I didn't even know it. She said that the post, "It's Already Done", really ministered to her. She said, don't stop what you are doing, you are impacting lives, maybe even in Mexico and you don't even know it!). Wow, God had her to call me at this exact time, when I am blogging about telling people nice things while they can hear them. God is so awesome, and He does things so well!

My whole point in sitting down to write this blog, is to encourage you, me, all of us, to say thank you, I love you, I appreciate you...to those special people who mean so much to you. Don't wait until their funeral to say it!

Just Say It!

No comments:

Post a Comment