Saturday, March 17, 2012

An Opportunity to be a Blessing!

Hello everybody, hope that you had a great weekend! I sure did.

I was able to be a blessing to someone today, and I really do believe that they were really appreciative. Today, my family and I went to a particular restaurant that we like to eat at. As we were walking to go into the restaurant, I looked down and I saw what looked like a credit card. I told my family what I saw, and my son bent down to pick it up, and sure enough it was a debit card. It had a receipt with it that showed that it was just used at the restaurant. It looked like a new card, with a 2015 expiration date on it, and also the sticker that said that it needed to be activated, was even still on it!

Well, I took it into the restaurant with me, and decided to ask for the manager to see if someone had asked about a lost card. I gave him my phone number so that if someone called about it, they could call me. I did not give the manager any details about the name on the card, the type of card, or anything, just my name and number. He asked me to leave the card with him, in the event that someone did call, but I just didn't feel comfortable with that. Anyway, I sat to eat my meal, and as I was eating, I kept looking out of the window to see if anyone looked like they were looking for something on the parking lot. God always orchestrates things so well, wouldn't you know that He would have us seated right in front of a window, at the front of the building. Well about 30 minutes pass, I up, looked out of the window, and I see a lady walking around on the parking lot, looking down as if she had lost something! I stopped eating, go outside to talk to the lady, asked her if she was looking for something, she tells me that her daughter lost a debit card, and she was looking for it! Wow! I asked the lady whose name was on the card, and it she told me her daughter's name, and it was the exact name that was on the card. I told her that I had the card, and she was so excited that she ran into the restaurant, screaming to her daughter, "she found it, she found it"! The daughter starts screaming too! They were so excited. Several other employees were so excited also, because apparently she had shared with them that she had lost her card. It turns out that the daughter's boyfriend was an employee in the restaurant, she was there telling him that she lost the card, and when he found out that she found it, everyone was so excited. It was a celebration in there. The mother, daughter, and the boyfriend kept thanking me. The boyfriend kept saying to me, "you are an awesome person", you are an awesome person"! The mother went to get into the car to leave, and I saw her get out and came back into the restaurant to hug me! I really felt good.

I love happy endings! It felt good!

No comments:

Post a Comment