Friday, December 23, 2011

33Years and Counting....

On this day, December 23rd, in the year of 1978, God changed my life forever. On this day, 33 years ago, God joined a man and a woman together, and our lives have never been the same. On that day, I married the man of my dreams, my one and only boyfriend, the one and only man that I have ever dated in life!

Thirty-three years later, he is the still the one and only! My husband, my confidant, my lover, my prayer partner, and my best friend. The wonderful father of our sons, and the one that I love now and forevermore.

I thank God for the years that we have shared, and I thank God even more, that a threefold cord is not easily broken. As a godly, christian man, I thank God that he joined me to a man that loves God, loves me, loves his children, and his family. I thank God that my husband loved me enough to pray for me, stand for me, believe for me, when I was lost. So often the stories are of women who stood and prayed, and believed God for their lost husband, but in our marriage, I was the lost one. My husband introduced, and led me to Christ. I was the one who needed saving, and my husband prayed, fought in the spirit, and lived the godly life before me. he never allowed me to stop Him from living for God. I am forever grateful to him!

I thank God for the ways that God caused us to overcome the challenges that we have faced in 33 years. Illnesses that he and I have experienced in our own bodies, the faithfulness of the two of us to take care of the other, deaths of both sets of parents, and loved ones, and other challenges that could have ended a marriage! We have weathered the storms, and by the grace of God, the love of God in us, and the determination to be together forever, and always have God and His Word as our solid foundation, we celebrate today!

I am a blessed woman, wife and mother. I give God all of the glory for this marriage. Yes, there were times when I wanted to send him packing, back home to his momma, and I am sure that he wanted to do the same with me...but it never came to that!

Marriage is a wonderful thing, especially when God is the head of it, and when two people determine to be one. No, I have not always liked some of the decisions that he made, but we did agree by faith. Believe me, many times it was by faith, but as a believer, all things are supposed to be done by Faith anyway!

So today, I am so excited, happy, joyful, fulfilled, grateful, Loved and so very thankful! Thankful for a life well-lived, thankful for a marriage still filled with love, laughter, faith, prayer, victory, and most of all God. We agreed from the very beginning, that we would not "tolerate" each other. We were going to love each other, and enjoy each other, grow old together, no tolerating here!

After 33 years, we still date, still laugh and be silly, and still want to be with each other. For this, I will be forever Grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment