Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sounds Like Favor to Me!

Wow, what a day! I have always  expected favor, every day, and everywhere that I go...whether in a restaurant, the mall, grocery store, it doesn't matter, I always expect Favor!

Today was one of those days, where the favor just keeps on coming. I am one who is always so glad to see the hand of God, on my behalf. It may be a parking place left open, just for me, or a sale on an item, just for me. I never leave home, not expecting the favor God!

Today my family left home to shop for a new clothes dryer, and an external hard drive that I was so desperately in need of. I believe in shopping around for what I want, usually I don't settle for the first item. I look for bargains! I believe that I can have the best for less!

I shopped at 3 local retailers who sell appliances. Store #1 had a very nice selection of clothes dryers. Before I left home, I knew what I wanted to spend, and that amount was my final answer! (LOL) I would not spend one penny more. Store #1 had a dryer that I liked and really wanted to purchase. It was a very good price, at the price that I wanted to spend. The item was in stock and ready for delivery, at a cost of $70 for delivery. Call me cheap, but no way was I going to spend $70 for delivery less that an 15 miles from my house. I politely thanked the salesperson, and said no thank you. She would not let me leave the store without telling me that her store does a price match: if I find the exact item at a lower price, her store will match it and take off an additional amount of 10%. She kinda smiled as if to say, "you'll be back". Store #2- I proceeded to the second store on my journey to find a clothes dryer. At this store, I found the exact same dryer, at $110 dollars less. Unfortunately, delivery charge was $70 also, but the store salesman told me that it could not be delivered until January 4th. I guess that you might say, "I know that you jumped on that". No, I didn't. $70 dollars is still, $70 dollars! and I needed a dryer yesterday. I then returned back to store #1, I told the same salesperson about the lower price at store #2. She then proceeds to pull up the website for the other store to see if in fact the item was lower. It was as I told her, but it was not in stock at the store with the lower price, therefore she could not match the price! Wow, what a mess. Because the store who advertised it at a lower price, did not have it in stock today...no price match! I always remember a former pastor's wife told me that sometimes we have to go out and possess our blessings. We sometimes want blessings to just fall into our lap, but sometimes we may have to go and get the blessing! Ok, next we proceeded to store #3. Somebody always want your money! Keep going from store to store, favor is at one of them! We go to store #3. Of course we find the exact dryer that we were in search of. It is at the original price. I tell the salesman that it is $110 less at another store. He asked me if it is the same, I showed him a picture of it that I took at the second store, along with the sale price. In less than ten minutes, not only did I purchase the dryer at a $110 lower price, but also it came with FREE delivery, and it will be delivered TOMORROW! That's the favor of God!

God never disappoints! When you expect favor, it will always show up! Oh the hard drive... I went to a store to purchase a 1 Terabyte external hard drive. I picked up a 1 TB hard drive, and the hanger that it was on, was marked $109. When the salesperson scanned it at the checkout, it rang up at $198. Of course, I politely returned it back to where I got it, because I was not about to spend that amount on that, especially when it was hanging in the $109 slot. When I returned it back to its place, why did I pick up a 2 TB external hard drive, surely this one would be even more than the 1 TB. Anyway, I took it to the price check machine, and it scanned at $179! Surely God had me to pick this up. I stood there and examined the box to see if it was really 2Tb. When I turned the box over, there was a sticker price on the box of....are you ready for this? $105! My mouth fell open! I took it to the counter to purchase it for sure, and the saleslady said that she did not have the authorization to give me that item at such a lower price. The manager was called to the Electronics Dept. and he said that he had to give it to me at $105! That's the favor of God! Who said that I have to wait until 2012 to receive the blessings that God has for me? I'll have mine now please! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment