Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hold Your Stones!

Have you ever had one of those days when you woke up smiling? When you just lay there smiling, so happy, wanting to get out of bed, and just run across the room, shouting, leaping and rejoicing? This morning, was one of those mornings! I woke up this morning, and as I lay there, I thought about the fact that, I am alive, and I am so happy. Everything is great in my world. I am having a great year, and I am living life at its best! This has been a great year, the best year yet! It has been eventful, but my best year yet!

God reminded me of something really awesome this morning. He put on my mind this morning, the thought: "What are you waiting for?" I am seeing and hearing so many people talk about 2012, and their hopes for the new year. Everyone is so excited, and I am excited for them, but you know what, I am excited about 2011. 2011 is not over yet! I am excited about right now. I am excited about God being awesome in my life, right now! I refuse to wait until 2012, to see blessings, harvest, and all that God has for me. Why put it off? I don't have to put it off! Every day is my day, every hour, every month, every season is my season! I have put off too much already! I don't have to wait until heaven to get what God has for me! What He has for me, is for me NOW! God is a right NOW God, a very PRESENT help, NOW faith is! Jesus is the same, yesterday, TODAY, and Forever! Not yesterday, today, and tomorrow. He is the I AM, not the will be (future). We are supposed to believe that He IS (present), not will be.

All of this suddenly hit me today, why wait for 2012, why put off blessings that belong to me NOW? Why do I have to wait until 2012? The same God who is going to bless me in 2012, is well able to bless me right now!
"Hold your stones! Don't stone me yet!"  I can imagine that some people reading this blog, would probably stone me if they could. LOL! Every year around this time, I hear a new saying about what God is "going" to do in the New Year...I am not knocking anyone about that. But  for me, God's child, His heir, the one who is just like Jesus, His righteous one, His beloved...why do I have to wait? He said that He has blessed me with all spiritual blessings, He said that all things are mine, that as Jesus IS, so am I in the world, not when I get to heaven. Jesus is not waiting for blessings to show up next year, next month, in a special season. He is blessed beyond measure, prosperous, right now! He is surrounded by blessings, abundance, wealth! God has already done everything! That is why I got up so excited this morning! I am sooo rejoicing right now! I don't have to wait. God's blessings are mine NOW!

I thank God for 2012, but I need Him to show up today! Thank you Lord for reminding me of this awesome truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment