Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Have the Title Deed!

I will say this forever and forever, "God loves His people"! Every time that I say it, I am convinced more and more, that God loves us. He really does love us! He is a Father who cares about us, who is really concerned about the things that we are concerned about. He wants us to know Him, know what He has done for us through Christ, know what belongs to us in Christ, and just know how to live a life that is really alive, a life that is prosperous and a victorious life in Him. He really wants us to know! God tells us in the Word that His people are destroyed because of a lack of knowledge-knowledge of His Word, knowledge of Him, and Who He really is, knowledge of what He has done for us in Christ, knowledge of what is included in Redemption, knowledge of what all is included in salvation, knowledge of the truth of being a child of God. Not knowing all of this, CAN DESTROY YOU! God really wants us to KNOW! It is one thing to be able to quote the scriptures, but it is something else to really understand them, and to apply them in our daily life.

I am so amazed at the various ways that God deals with me, when He is trying to get me to really see and understand a truth. Sometimes it is so funny how He gets a point across, remember "Good morning, Blowpop!" from an earlier blog of mine (November). I still laugh at that today.

This morning, He was teaching me on faith. I know and can quote, probably like most Christians, Hebrews 11:1. "NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Most Christians know this verse, and can easily quote it! I must say that I have heard quite a bit of teaching on it, through the years. I have even taught it myself! I have heard that faith is the confirmation, the assurance, the title deed of what we hope for. I have heard that taught many times...but today when God talked to me in my quiet time this morning, it was taught to me, a little differently.

I know that many times, I can read the same scripture at different intervals in my life, and I have come away with a new revelation. Understand me, I am not saying that God changes what He has said, His Word is complete. The complete truth of all that God has said was there all along, but for me, I get a new, fuller revelation each time that I read a particular passage. I guess that is how faith comes, by hearing, and hearing, and hearing and keep on hearing, the Word of God!

Today, when I was meditating on Hebrews 11:1, God taught me today, using a situation that I am currently experiencing in my personal life. I want a new washer and dryer, as well as a refrigerator. I know that there are so many styles of both out there, and I was not really sure of what I wanted. Of course, I would need to go out and look around for what is available, and perhaps decide on what I like. I did go to Lowe's and a couple of other stores a few days ago, and I did find some brands and styles that I really do like. I have not made the purchase yet, but I am sure that I will.

Anyway, God used this experience this way...Gayle, (says God), "when you do make the purchase, and purchase the maintenance agreement as you usually do, suppose that due to the holiday season, the company is backed up on its delivery schedule, and it can't deliver your appliances for a week. (I said, ok Lord). He said, Because you are not really pushed to have them right now, you agree to a later delivery date, and you leave there, with only a sales receipt, and the maintenance agreement certificate in your hand." Ok Lord... Although you will not have the appliances in your house for a week, would you agree that they are still yours!(I said, yes Lord). You don't see them in your house, but you know that you still have a new washer and dryer, and a new refrigerator, how do you know this? You know because you have the receipt and maintenance agreement to prove it! He said, you have a healed body, you have prosperity, wealth and riches in your house, you have joy and peace, a life free or stress and worry, you are righteous, you are forgiven, you are loved! Why, because you have the (receipt), the title deed, which is The Word of God! Just like I would hold the sales receipt to show ownership of those appliances, I hold the Word of God, to show that my body is healed even if it hurts, even if a doctor's report is negative, even if I am taking medicine, even if there is a symptom. I hold the Word of God to show that I am prosperous, wealthy, have wealth and riches in my house, even if there is nothing in the checking account, even if there is a stack of bills that need to be paid, even if there is a past due notice! Just like those appliances have not shown up in my house, I still have them and I own them, they belong to me! Healing, prosperity, wealth and riches, joy and peace belong to you, the home that you live in, that you are still paying on, it's yours, you own it, the dream home that your faith is on, even when you can't see it in the natural YET, even if it has not shown up YET, it's yours. God's Word says that God will give us goodly houses, filled with all good things! Notice that it's a good house, filled with good things, and house is plural! That is more than one! Glory! God even says that we won't have to fill the houses, He will fill them for us! You and I have the title deed to home ownership! That verse didn't say anything about good credit, collateral and all of the other stuff that the world requires. God said that He is giving it. We have the title deed to it! (Read Deuteronomy, Chapter 6 it will bless you!)

According to God's illustration, I was fully persuaded that those appliances are mine, because I have the sale receipt, or as God called it, the title deed! It is the same thing with all of God's promises, if we stand on the Word of God, we have the title deed, and all of the promises are ours, even though they have not shown up YET! They are ours!

Thank you God for loving me so much that You want me to know and understand your Word

~Gayle

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for those encouraging words! I love you!!! I thank God everyday that I have a praying mama and a praying auntie in my life! I thank God for all of my blessings and I believe in all of HIS promises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Unknown..thanks so much for your comment! I am so happy that something said was an encouragement for you! Please do visit again!

    ReplyDelete