Wednesday, December 7, 2011

No Thank You...

Have you ever been annoyed by calls from "that" particular telephone company, who calls every day, always trying to get you to switch to their company, or always trying to get you to return to their company? We all know who it is that I am talking about! Well once again, they called me again today, for the 100th time. This time, I did something that I have never done before. I am so accustomed to them calling, and I really have their scripted speech down pretty good, so I know immediately from the intro...exactly who it is. Usually I allow them to give their speech (not because I really want to hear it, but they don't give you a chance to tell them no thank), then I politely tell them that I am not interested in their new promotions, or returning back to them!

Today when they called, I immediately said, "ma'am before you waste your time and mine, I do not want to switch companies, hear your new promotions, and please remove my number from your call list. Thank you"!
That just came out of my mouth so quickly, and I even startled myself. I could tell that even the person on the other end was quite surprised. She said, "ok maam, I will remove your number. She didn't even try to tell me anything"!

When I hung up the phone, God immediately said to me, "That's the way that you should respond every time that the enemy tries to come into your life with something that you don't want!" He said, "you didn't waste any time letting that person present their speech. You immediately stopped her. Do that with the enemy!" How many times have we let satan tell us some lies, things that we really don't want to hear! We are not interested in anything that he has to say, or wants to give us, yet we let him talk to us. Why? God said, "cut Him off!" Wow, God is so amazing! He will use every situation as a teaching, if we only listen, and expect Him to speak to us, all during the day! It is not always in a building, with a choir, a minister standing before us, it may not always be as a teaching on a CD or DVD, a TV evangelist, although He certainly speaks by these methods. It may be through someone constantly bugging you with telephone calls, through a sink of dishes, through any means that He chooses to use. We lock God into doing the same thing, every time!


Anyway, I just wanted to share again, how awesome that He is, and how much that God loves and cares about us!
Have a great day!


~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment