Thursday, December 1, 2011

Even Oranges!

Well, I believe in sharing about how God blesses me in such awesome and sometimes unusual ways. I love Cheddar's Restaurant, and I am a regular customer. I am in there at least twice a week. You might say that I like the place. I always buy an unsweet peach tea. Cheddar's always places an orange slice on the glass. I love their oranges. They are always soooo sweet, and just right. I have never had a great orange like they have at Cheddar's. I have gotten to the place where I now ask for an extra orange with my tea.Yesterday my sons and I went to Cheddar's for lunch. I ordered my tea as I always do, asked for the extra orange as I always do! On the visit, the manager stopped by our table to see how me were enjoying the meal. I told him that it was very good. I then told him about how I have never found such sweet oranges, as the ones at Cheddar's. I asked him if he purchased them locally, he said no, we get them shipped in. Anyway, I told him how much that I really enjoyed them. He then asked me, if I would like some more, and of course I said yes! This man comes to our table with a saucer full of sliced oranges, and a bag of oranges to take home! Is that awesome or what? Wow, that was so nice of him...great customer service! I shouted, "that's the favor of God"! When you recognize favor, and call it favor, God will see to it, that you receive more favor! So many times, God blesses us in unusual ways, and we just think, "aww that was nice", we go on, and we fail to see blessings when they are right there in front of us! The manager did not have to do that. He could have stopped with the saucer of orange slices, he didn't have to give me a bag of oranges. That was the favor of God!

That's why I love God so much! He never ceases to amaze me. Doesn't surprise me, but He amazes me a lot. We limit God to what we call major issues-sickness, financial worries, issues with marriage, family, needing a job, etc. But God is interested in everything that I am interested in, even oranges. He knew that I like oranges, and He caused someone to bless me with oranges! Thank you Lord!

He does those kind of things for me, and He will do them for you too. He cares. He cares about you! He cares about what you care about!, even if it's oranges!

~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment