Thursday, December 1, 2011

Faithfulness Every Night!

Good morning world! It is 6:25 in the morning, and I am up and blogging! I have actually been up since 4:30 this morning. I am not by any means complaining. I slept good as I always do. I am not up because I could not sleep. When it comes to sleeping, trust me, I know how to do that! Sleeping has never been an issue with me. I know how to sleep!

No, I am up because I had to be. Have you ever had to do something? Something that you absolutely had to do. Something that you don't know why, but you could not rest until you did it. That's what happened to me this morning. I had to get out of bed to read. Read what? Read for some reason, the 91st Psalm. Psalm 91 has got to be my favorite psalm. God's Word is powerful, God's Word is rich, but Psalm 91, is my favorite passage of scripture! Don't get me wrong, it is all good, it's God's Word, but it is just something about this psalm that blesses me. I have read it time and time again!

For some pressing reason, I just had to get up and read this at this time this morning. I read this psalm this morning, as I have done many times before, but I didn't stop at psalm 91, but continued to psalm 92. Usually I stop at 91. This time, I was impressed to go on, I went on and I read psalm 92, and verse number 2 jumped out at me, almost as if it literally came off of the page! Verse 2 states: "to declare your lovingkindness in the morning, and your faithfulness every night". It was the "faithfulness every night" that got my attention.

I immediately thought about sleeping, of course. I have several friends that have had trouble sleeping at night, for many years. One in particular, has taken every kind of sleeping aid possible, to no avail! For over twenty years this friend has taken prescribed sleeping medication. Others have just not been able to sleep either because of fear of being in the house alone (one has a husband who sometimes works night shift, and one is a single lady), or some deal with worry about an issue or something else. When I read this scripture (verse 2), I really got excited! Here was their answer! God is faithful every night! He is faithful to give them sleep when they are afraid to go to sleep when they are at home alone...He is right there with them to protect them, He is faithful to give them sleep when they are worried about something...He is right there to let them know that He knows all about what they are concerned about, and He is well able to fix it, and He is faithful to give them sleep when they are unable to sleep just because...He giveth His beloved sleep!

After I finished reading, I turned off the lights and I told God that I was just going to lay there and be quiet because I knew that he was going to talk to me about what I had just read, and He surely did!

He said that it was not only about sleeping, and it was not only when the sun goes down at that time that we call night. He said that "night" for some people was at noon! He said that for some people, it is dark in the middle of the day! For some people, it is dark and night at 1o'clock in the daytime. He said that because of issues that some people are dealing with, many are in a "dark" place, for many, the day is "night"! I knew that he was gonna tell me something, because anytime that God gets me up at 4:30 0R 5:00am in the morning, and it is as pressing as it was today, I know that He wants to talk to me! He said that it was not only concerning sleeping, but it was about anything that has troubled us at night. He said that some people fear night driving, some fear leaving their house at night, no matter what the instance is...I am faithful every night! That blessed me. That is major to me.

I think about so many people who have been in "bondage" because of issues dealing with the dark. God is God just as much at night, as He is in the day! I think about those "dark" times in people's life... times when worry, doubt, fear, depression plague them! God is faithful every night, even if your night is at 12 noon.

I don't know about you, but this ministered to me. It may not have meant a thing to you, that's alright, it may not have been for you. But for those who have struggled with sleeping, or night issues, this is your answer...God is faithful every night! The Message translation states it this way, "your presence all through the night". That's good!

Thank you Lord for speaking so powerfully this morning!

Have a good day!  ~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment