Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good morning!

Good morning, I am up early this morning, and I am so grateful, and oh so thankful! I woke up this morning, even before getting out of bed, just thinking about the times that we are living in. I have always been a big Christmas decorator. I usually began decorating around here on November the first. This year I have not started decorating yet, although I still have 7 trees up from last Christmas. Yes, I said 7! I had a total of 12 up last year. I have had as many as 17. (I told you that I like Christmas. Don't judge me.-LOL!)

Anyway, I started thinking about how much that I just love this time of the year. Thanksgiving and Christmas have always been my favorite time of the year! I grew up in a home where we were surrounded by love, warmth, and I had a grandfather that never said "no"! I was adopted by my mom's parents, at the age of 12 years old. I loved them so. My grandfather always provided us with so many great things. The holidays were always special around our house! The smells of baked goods, of pine, filled the house. I will always fondly recall my childhood. We always had a big, full live christmas tree. Lots of lights and lots of red poinsettias. My grandmother was a florist, so we were surrounded by potted red poinsettias. I guess that is why I love the decorations so much now. Yes, many would say that it is too much, but not for me. I love it, and is only once a year that I do this.

As I thought on all of this, I also thought about this time of the year, not being a happy time for quite a few people. It has been said that for many, this is a very sad, depressing, lonely time of the year! We live in a time when everything seems to be based upon money. Don't get me wrong, we live in a society where money is necessary, and yes it is good to have money! According to God's Word, we are supposed to have it. However, many people equate happiness and joy in life with how much money they have or don't have. As I grow older, I am coming to realize that my happiness is not based upon how much money that I have in the bank. I just recently celebrated my 55th birthday, and as I grow older, I am appreciating life more, peace more, family more, and just realizing that my joy does not come from things or externals. My true happiness and joy comes from my relationship with Jesus each, and every day!

I remember some Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, (as an adult), when things were not quite the way that I thought that they should be. Things were a little slim and lean, didn't see all of the abundance that I was accustomed to as a child growing up. But in spite of all that, I had family right there with me to celebrate together, and be grateful for life, and love, and God's love . I am not making light of not having enough. I know what it is to want to shop and buy wonderful gifts for family, friends and those special persons who have touched our life. I know what it means to not be able to buy gifts, to provide a table laid out with a feast. I know what it's like. I know that this is a time when people are so depressed. Don't be. Cheer up. God loves us. God is good to all. God's blessings are available to all! He is not a respector of persons. He doesn't like some and not others, He doesn't bless some and not others. He doesn't heal some and not others! He is a good Father. He cares about us and He is concerned about us, more than we know. He loves us more than we know! Trust Him today. Go to Him, talk to Him. We don't have to have the perfect words, pray a perfect prayer, pray a certain way, or a certain length of time. He is not judging us. That was already done 2000 years ago. He is not even thinking about us as sinners, but as sons! He is thinking about how much He loves you, and how much He wants you to love, trust and come to Him.

Trust Him this holiday season and everyday! He is wanting you to come to Him, He will help you, He will always accept you, HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH!!!

Do you want to know Him today?

Pray this prayer with me: "Heavenly Father, I come to you in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says that whosoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved, and if I confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead, I shall be saved. I take you at your Word. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that you raised him from the dead. Jesus come into my heart, be Lord of my life, fill me with the Holy Spirit. Thank you for doing so. Amen.

If you have just prayed this prayer, please let me know. I would love to rejoice with you!

Enjoy your life as a child of God.
Get into a church where the Word of God is taught, believed, and lived.
Read your Bible daily, asking the Holy Spirit who is your teacher to help you understand it.

Live, Laugh, Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment