Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Well everybody, hello again. It's been a few days since I have blogged, and I must admit that I did miss doing so! I do hope that you celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving, not alone, sad, or depressed, and are in preparation to have an equally happy and joyous Christmas.

As I have said before, this is absolutely my very favorite time of the year. I love Thanksgiving, but Christmas is my time! Everywhere that I go now, I am beginning to see Christmas lights on, more and more. I love decorating...getting all of the trees up and playing the Christmas music, Christmas potpourri all through the house, having family and friends over, and watching lots of Christmas movies! I am "Mrs. Christmas"! As I said, I have been known to go overboard with my decorating. I am a little late this year getting all of my decorations up, but I still have time. I have 9 trees up so far. I have trees in every room, even the kitchen. I usually have everything completed and lights go on by Thanksgiving night. I am still working, and I do believe that I will get all trees completed. Guess what? What I don't get up, is alright! I will not make a big deal about it, nor will I stress about it! I am learning as I get older, that what gets done, gets done; what doesn't, doesn't! I am content either way.

I know that there was a time when I would stress if I didn't have everything just right. I wanted to buy Christmas gifts for everybody that I knew. If a family member came into town on Christmas Eve, I would run back to the mall, and try to buy a gift. I would be running around all anxious and stressed trying to do last minute stuff, but not anymore. It's not that I don't care, I have to know my limit. I decide how much that I will spend for Christmas on gifts, when I reach that limit, that's it. No matter who arrives late, comes in at the last minute, I will stick to what I planned to spend. Of course, I wanted to buy for everyone that I knew, but this is not always possible. I do what I can, pray about it, and enjoy the holiday. Too many people get into debt for one day of the year. We celebrate Christmas, because it celebrates The Christ! It's all about Him! I know that Jesus does not want us unhappy and stressed, and in debt, trying to celebrate Him.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello again. These next few days will be busy, but I promise to check in from day to day! I'll share some photos of my trees too!

Continue to enjoy your holiday. Remember that this is not the time to be sad, sorrowful or depressed. Join me in decorating. Perhaps you have decorated for some time. You may not want to put up a tree. How about a wreath, some holiday candles, some holiday books or magazines on your tables, a Christmas centerpiece, a bright, red poinsettia, any little thing that brings the Spirit of Christmas.

~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment