Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Friday...

Good morning all,
Well today is Friday and I am looking forward to a great day. As you can see, it is 5:08 am and here I am up blogging! I decided to give my husband a treat this morning and drive him to work today, after all, it's Friday, and he has had a very busy week at work this week, and besides, he really doesn't like driving much these days. So, I decided to drive him today. Sometimes we have to go the extra, extra mile sometimes, and in this case, it is extra because we leave at 4:25 am. But I love him so much, and I really didn't mind doing it.

As I was dressing and preparing to leave, I was listening to a teaching by Joseph Prince.  He talked about, as Jesus IS, SO ARE WE IN THE WORLD! As Jesus is right now, we are just like Him, right now...not when we get to heaven, but right now! I had to stop and think about that for a minute. I knew this verse, and was very familiar with it, but I had to stop and think about it for a minute. As Jesus is, so are we in the world. The next thing naturally that should come up in your mind is, well how is Jesus? I know that's up came up in my mind. Let's see, he is not sick, he is not broke, he is not depressed, he is not worrying about having the lights, water, gas turned off in heaven, he is not worrying about the mortgage in heaven, he is not stressed, he is not worrying about people liking him, he is not down and discouraged, he is not worried about the holidays coming up. Did I catch everybody, your worry. LOL! I am trying to touch on your issue so that we are all on the same page. How is He? Healed, prosperous, after all he walks on streets of gold, he loves being in the Father's presence, knowing that He is a son, not a servant, not running around heaven having to do a long list of things because He has to be sure that he doesn't make God mad, and lose some blessings. He knows that He is so loved, accepted, he is at peace, smiling enjoying life, victorious, Lord of all because He conquered all! Have you got a picture of Him yet? Have you noticed that His picture doesn't quite look like ours? But we are supposed to be just like Him! The pictures don't match. What's up with that??? Something is not quite right! God didn't say one day we'll be just like Him, when we finally reach heaven, He said in this world, in Texas, New York, California, today, right now, November 18, 2011!

Ok, if we are to be just like Him, then why do we walk around and put up with sickness in our bodies, that little ache and pain that has been hanging around too long, that we have learned to live with, that's really not so bad (remember we talked about that yesterday), why are we still letting lack, debt, a stack of bills talk to us everyday and every night, "you know, I am due Friday, what are you gonna do", why are we worried and depressed, stressed and on and on and on? We are supposed to be like Jesus! What's wrong with this picture?

We gotta have a mind adjustment! Renew the mind! We are missing out on too much, waaaay too much.

Earlier this week, I came across a scripture in Jeremiah 33, verse 9 to be exact. The entire chapter is good. It talks about the day when God was going to bring restoraton to His people. He did it! He did it when Jesus went to the cross. It's been done! Verse 9 says that, God was going to put soooo much prosperity on us, that other people around us will see how good God is to us, and they will fear and temble. That's awesome. We are supposed to be so blessed, that people can't help but see it all over us, and they will be scared of us and tremble! WOW! You are probably saying that God is talking about restoring Judah. When we see Judah, Israel in scripture, He is talking about the Church today. (A little side note). We were captives to sin, but Calvary freed us! God has restored. We are supposed to be walking in restoration. As Jesus is, so are we! God does not lie. He said that we are just like Jesus, so we must be. I don't know about you, but I believe God. If He said that I am just like Jesus, then I am!
How about you?

Have a great day! Every day is a good day, when you know the Lord!

Now I'm going back to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. You know I needed to hear this! What wonderful encouragement!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki! You are always encouraging me. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I must admit, blogging is exciting, and I am really enjoying it! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete