Thursday, November 24, 2011

A little Thanksgiving Day humor!

Well, good afternoon to everyone. I do hope that you are enjoying your day, finished your cooking, and preparing to feast, whether it at home, at a family member or friend's home, or at IHOP, Golden Corral, or whoever is open today. I do hope that you are having a good day!

I am happy to say, that all cooking is completed, last thing just out of the oven-a brown sugar glazed, spiral sliced ham. My husband decided that he wanted a ham, last night. Beginning about a week before Thanksgiving, I started asking everyone in my house, what their food requests were. As I stated earlier, no one wanted the traditional stuff, they stressed that a big pot of gumbo, a special salad that I always prepare for my husband, and a German Chocolate cake for my younger son, was all that they wanted. I finished the gumbo about 5:30-6:00 yesterday evening, the salad about noon yesterday, let's just say, I was finished with all of the requests on yesterday.

I wish that you could have seen my face, to see how happy I was that I had all of my cooking completed on yesterday, and all that I would have to do was warm up food today! I was so joyful. No cooking today, or having to wash up all of those dishes. Just relaxing, watching football, as I decorated a tree, peace and quiet. I had it all planned!

Why did my dear, loving, sweet husband of 32 wonderful years, wait until 10:00pm last night, when I was about to doze off, in my nice,warm bed, why did he tell me that he would really like to have a glazed, spiral sliced ham today? Why did he just decide that! My mouth dropped, my eyes got bigger, almost came out of my head! WHAT! I must be dreaming, somebody wake me up! I know that I didn't hear that in real-time! I had to be sleep, and he was telling me this in my dream. I laid there, silent for a moment. I had to be sure of where I was. When I finally realized that I was not dreaming, was actually in real-time, in my bed, I looked at the clock to see what time it was, then I was so sweet as I looked at him, and asked him to repeat what he had just said. Guess what? He repeated it again! You have got to be kidding me! You have got to be kidding me! The two of us were at Walmart battling the crowd, earlier. I kindly, calmly turned to him and asked him why he didn't tell me that when we were in Walmart. His response was, "I didn't think about it until now".

Remember I said in one of my earlier blogs, that in a marriage, sometimes it takes more than love! This was surely one of those times! LOL! If I didn't really love him, and really love God even more than I love my husband, and want to please Him even more, my husband would not be eating ham today! I would have looked at him, laughed out loud, pulled the covers over my head, and entered dreamland!

After my brain really processed all of this, I just got up, got myself ready to go back to Walmart, (it is now 10:25 PM) in pursuit of a glazed,spiral sliced ham. I din't ask anyone to accompany me, didn't even tell them that I was leaving. I didn't want anyone else to suddenly want something. I arrived at Walmart, and guess what? I got the very last glazed ham in the store! Someone came up behind me and asked the Walmart worker, if there were any more hams, the worker said that they were all out! I firmly believe that God sees everything. He saw that I did not fuss and cut up about my husband waiting so late to present his request, I did not fuss because I had to get out of bed, God sees every labor of love! I do believe that if I had made a big deal about it, I would have gone to back to Walmart, and there would Not have been one ham left for me! That ham was there just for me! I believe that when we sow a seed of kindness, God will make things happen for us. Thank you Lord.

I just had to share this story with you. The ham is done, and I am still going to do as I planned...eat, relax, nap, eat some more, nap some more! It all adds up, enjoying my day!

~Gayle

No comments:

Post a Comment